[Spread-users] Headers

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Jun 18 01:49:34 EDT 2013

Hello,

Can you email the errors in the Cygwin configure run? We might be able to see what the build problem is as that should be fixable.

The Cygwin/Configure would be the easiest way to build on Windows. The Spread 4.2 Microsoft VC project files that some users emailed about after the 4.2 release could be another approach.

Those files (events, arch, memory, alarm) should be compiled into a separate library "libspread-util" which is built in the new libspread-util directory in the spread source release. Then the main spread package just links with the resulting library. The current build definitely won't work if you copy just some of those files into the main Spread directory. For example the "spu_system.h" header is created by scripts run during the configure/make of the libspread-util library.

Jonathan Stanton		jonathan at spreadconcepts.com
Spread Group Messaging	www.spread.org
Spread Concepts LLC 	www.spreadconcepts.com