[Spread-users] Re: Bug in spread - message counter

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Wed Sep 3 13:25:12 EDT 2008

Sorry this hasn't been fixed comprehensively yet.  We are going to post a rough fix to this problem in the next couple of days.  Basically, if the counter gets too high, then we will "manually" invoke network membership change, which will reset the counters back to zero.

The reason why starting, killing or restarting a daemon eliminates the issue is because when the membership of daemons changes they start a new membership that resets all the counters back down to zero.

Cheers!
John

---
John Lane Schultz