[Spread-users] how spread persist messages

Rodrick Brown rodrick.brown at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 12:13:38 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 5:47 AM, John Song <delphi329 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am looking to build a message relay system using spread.  One of the
> requirement is being able to replay messages in order.  One way is to have a
> listener subscribe to the group and persist messages on disc.  Later on, if
> replay is needed, then a spread client can read the message from the disc
> and resent.  The problem is I can't guarantee the listener will always
> alive.  Does spread internally persist messages?  I.e. if a client sends a
> message to the group and there is no subscribed listener, will spread simply
> discard the message?
>
> Any other open source projects, except JMS, that will be better for that
> kind of relay/replay system?
>
> thanks,

Why not implement multiple listeners? And have them both backup each
other you can see when other members join/leave groups so it should be
fairly easy to setup some kind of fail over scenerio where you can
keep the messages persisted using multiple listeners

Rodrick R. Brown
http://www.rodrickbrown.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rodrickbrown