[Spread-users] how spread persist messages

John Song delphi329 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 05:47:04 EDT 2008

Hi:

I am looking to build a message relay system using spread.  One of the
requirement is being able to replay messages in order.  One way is to have a
listener subscribe to the group and persist messages on disc.  Later on, if
replay is needed, then a spread client can read the message from the disc
and resent.  The problem is I can't guarantee the listener will always
alive.  Does spread internally persist messages?  I.e. if a client sends a
message to the group and there is no subscribed listener, will spread simply
discard the message?

Any other open source projects, except JMS, that will be better for that
kind of relay/replay system?

thanks,