[Spread-users] Bug in spread - message counter

Witold Kręcicki witold.krecicki at firma.o2.pl
Mon Apr 7 04:39:06 EDT 2008

I have 4 spread daemons running high (~10000mps) traffic, and I have been
encountering 'full lockups' of the whole system (no new connections accepted,
no messages passed). After testing, it came up that this lockup happens
when 'highest seq' (and all other similiar counters) value in spread monitor
comes close to signed 32bit int limit (2**31). As a temporary workaround, I'm
planning to change these counters to 64bit - do I have to change it in spread
daemon only, or also in client library? Which ones do I have to change?
--
Witold Kręcicki

o2.pl Spółka z o.o., ul. Jutrzenki 177, 02-231 Warszawa,
KRS 0000140518, Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy, Kapitał zakładowy 308.250,00
zł., NIP 521-31-11-513