[Spread-users] Spread bandwidth throttling

Sonam Chauhan sonam.chauhan at ce.com.au
Sun Nov 11 18:42:54 EST 2007

Hello!

I am new to Spread. I am interested in using it to stream results in a
distributed load testing application where messages flow from the
testing nodes to a central log server.

The issue is that the load testing itself consumes a lot of network
bandwidth. Does Spread or the Spread client have any bandwidth
throttling/ bandwidth-limiting features that can limit it's network
utilization? For instance, can I specify that Spread messages throughput
from a client not exceed 10 Mbps?

If not, what would be the best way to achieve what I have in mind? Would
it be to setup virtual network interfaces limited to 10 Mbps and have
the Spread components bind to those interfaces?

Kind regards,

Sonam Chauhan

--

Corporate Express Australia Ltd.