[Spread-users] where can I find documentation of the protocol for connecting to spread daemons?

Alex Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Wed Nov 7 14:37:26 EST 2007

The java implementation blocks on callbacks, so a poorly behaved
MessageListener can block the whole app.  Is that intended behavior
because you want catastrophic failure or is that just an oversight?

The alternative is to use some intermediary mailbox object that doesn't
hold up the callback engine.

Also, SpreadAuthInterface is confusing.  Is authentication handled on a
separate connection or the same connection?

-Alex-