[Spread-users] where can I find documentation of the protocol for connecting to spread daemons?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 6 19:50:00 EST 2007

We don't have a formal spec for the client-server protocol in Spread.

Most of the client libraries wrap the C library libspread, so they don't
need to know the actual protocol. There are a few other native
implementations including the Java library that directly implement the
network protocol. So the best documentation for the network protocol is to
look at the C or java library code (some parts of the protocol are
explained in the comments). The messages exchanged by the client and
server are pretty straightforward and use a standard message format.

Let me know if there is any specific information you want to know about
Spread.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science