[Spread-users] Spread 4.0.0rc2 to official 4.0.0 upgrade

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 12:57:27 EDT 2007

This seems like the kind of question that would have been asked
before, so if it's already been discussed or documented, please
point me to the information!

Anyway, we are about to upgrade our spread installation from
4.0.0rc2 to 4.0.0 (current official release).

We have an enormous amount of infrastructure build around spread,
using the C, Java and Perl APIs.

My main question is: are 4.0.0rc2 and 4.0.0 backwards- and
forwards-compatible, both in the daemons and at the API level?  Do
we need to recompile all systems, or can we incrementally do it?

Thank you!
Matt