[Spread-users] Hard limits

Paul B. Anderson paul.a at pnlassociates.com
Wed May 30 07:45:03 EDT 2007

I'm new to spread but thinking of using it to control hundreds of blade
computers.  There are some statements in the documentation about hard
limits but I'm not sure I understand them.

The documentation says "128 machines per segment and up to 20 segments
with a total of 128 machines at most in a configuration.  The 128
machine limit is a hard limit...".

128 machines per segment and 20 segments seems to imply 2560 machines.

If 128 machines is the limit, can I run multiple spreads on different ports?

Thanks.

Paul Anderson