[Spread-users] Connection closed error on SP_receive

Sami M sami2065 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:43:04 EDT 2007

I am using spread 4.0 on linux x86 platform. I implemented a message
assembly-reassembly wrapper around libspread to chunk a large message into
smaller messages (to overcome 100K message size limit). However,
during stress testing this with chunk size of 1 K and a message size
of 1.5M the SP_receive call fails on the receiving end with
"connection closed"
message. This test would translate to 1500 messages being SP_multicast in a
loop by the sender. This works fine if one process is sending and another is
receiving exclusively. However, if I have both processes sending and
receiving at the same time I run into "conneciton closed" error on
SP_receive call on one of the receivers. Any ideas here would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Sami