[Spread-users] sptUser reports SP_Error (-8) Connection closed by Spread

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Fri Mar 30 15:21:32 EDT 2007

spuser and spflooder are not designed to work together.  What is happenning is
that the spuser can't keep up with the flood of messages from spflooder (due to
printing to the screen every message), so messages build up in Spread.  When it
gets to about 1000 msgs, Spread will disconnect the slow receiver so that it
doesn't crash/slow down from memory exhaustion.

Spread does not implement flow control for user applications for myriad reasons.
    For applications that expect to send very fast (e.g. - spflooder), the
application will have to implement some form of flow control.

You can run a bunch of spflooder's together using the -n option.  spflooder uses
a simple, non-ACK based flow control algorithm.

Cheers!