[Spread-users] compile error

spread.org-deveopment at superfrink.net spread.org-deveopment at superfrink.net
Mon Sep 5 12:40:49 EDT 2005

> I have Slackware Linux and I tried to compile spread, but there appears an
> error after "./configure":
>
> : bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I built version 3.17.03 on both Slackware 9.1 and Slackware 10.0 using the
command:

   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/spread && make && sudo make install

I think the only time I've seen the message ": bad interpreter: No such
file or directory" is when a program specified on a "#!" line can't be
found.

For example if you have a file named "xxxx" that starts with the line
"#!/bin/foo/bar/baz" and that file does not exist then you will see the
message:

   -bash: ./xxxx: /bin/foo/bar/baz: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

/Chad