[Spread-users] compile error

Sebastian Kühner skuehner at veraza.com
Mon Sep 5 14:02:41 EDT 2005

Hello,

Many thanks! The problem was that I didn't unpack correctly. I unpacked in
Windows (easier to handle like Linux!!) and copied the files. That's
wrong!!!
So I unpacked with: tar xvf spread-src-3.17.3.tar

Now I've made the following steps:

* ./configure, make, make install    --> SUCCESS
* Create user and group "spread"
* Create directory /var/run/spread    (this wasn't in any documentation, but
I had an error message with this - "chroot somebadmessage")
* Start spread with spread -c spread.conf -l y

Error: Log_alive: error (No such file or directory) could not open file
sync1

I found that file (sync1) in the source directory. The program not.

Does anybody of you know how to make that work? Why do I have so many
errors? It' my Slackware distribution?

Thanks!

Sebastian