[Spread-users] regular message rate pausing?

Matt Hurd matt.hurd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:59:21 EDT 2005

Hi Mike,

>On 18/10/05, Mike Perik <mikep at foxriver.com> wrote:
> Is your producer the leader of the group.  Put the machine that is producing
> the messages as the first machine in the segment and I *think* you'll see
> this go away.  I had the same problem.  It's a side-effect of the way the
> token is passed around.  If you search the email list's archive for my name
> you'll see several discussions about this behavior of Spread.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

We did have one segment with five machines in our original test group.
 We now have kind of a star layout with one machine per segment and
five segments as this seemed to improve things but it still has the
problem I've mentioned.  I'll try benchmarking with spflood I think
and try and take our wrapper out of the equation.

Regards,

Matt.