[Spread-users] Spread and queuing

Roberto.Diaz at fastmobile.com Roberto.Diaz at fastmobile.com
Fri Nov 4 17:37:27 EST 2005

i've implemented a similar "service pool" using spread.

i wasn't sure if spread could do it "automagically" for me, so i wrote a
simple set of classes that listen for nodes that connect to the daemon,
keep track of each registered service instance (segregated by service
type), and recieves requests for service. it then allocates one of the
available service instances from its list and forwards the request to
that service instance. the allocation algorithm can be round robin,
least loaded, etc scheduling.

of course, the service nodes have to announce their presence when they
start up.

bobD