[Spread-users] New to spread, some questions

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Feb 11 03:57:23 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 19:02:31 -0500
Ryan Caudy <rcaudy at gmail.com> wrote:

> For many basic applications, the recommendation is one Spread daemon
> per machine that you'll have clients on.  This way, all the clients
> can be local to their daemons.

Will a spread message to a given mailbox ONLY be delivered to the spread
daemons which have processes listening on that mailbox, or will it be
delivered to all spread daemons in the spread fabric?

  Three systems: A, B and C.

  Each system is running its own spread daemon which are mutually
  connected.

  Similarly, on each system there's a process which we'll respectively
  call A', B', and C', which are connected to that spread bus.

  A' & B' share a mailbox called "AB" (ie both are connected to it)

  B' & C' share a mailbox called "BC".

  A' & C' share a mailbox called "AC".

  If A' sends a message to the AB mailbox, will the spread daemon
  running on C receive it for a client process that doesn't exist?

--
J C Lawrence