[Spread-users] New to spread, some questions

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 12:10:16 EST 2005

First, I want to make sure that we're talking about the same things.
I think when you said "mailbox" you meant "group" in the terminology
Spread uses.  A "mailbox" usually refers to the handle/socket/fd
belonging to a single connected process.

To answer your question, if A sends to a group that only has members
connected to daemon-A and daemon-B, daemon-C *will* receive the
message, but won't deliver it to any processes.  The reason for this
is Spread's ordered-delivery protocol.  Better-engineered schemes
exist, but aren't implemented in the publicly available version of
Spread.

Cheers,
Ryan