[Spread-users] Multi-daemon configuration

Gustavo Castro comadreja_98 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:48:34 EDT 2004

Hello,

i´m planning to do a project which involves 3 computers. Each of them would
run a spread daemon. What i need is that in every machine users could
communicate among them using spread, with a spread group called
"spread_local", and apart from that the daemons should communicate among
them using the spread group "spread_masters"; so, final users would work
with the local group, and the daemons would interchange data using the
"spread_masters group".

Providing that their IPs are 198.100.12.100, 198.100.12.101 and
198.100.12.102, the next piece of code from the spread.conf should give me
the functionality i need, right? as "spread_local" works only in a local
mode, there would be no problem, and for the "spread_masters", if the three
computers join that group they would "see" each other when multicasting,
wouldn´t they?

Spread_Segment  198.100.12.255:4803 {

	spreadhost1		198.100.12.100
	spreadhost2 		198.100.12.101
                spreadhost3                               198.100.12.102
}

I don´t know if i made myself clear, if not i will try to explain it better.
In any case, thanks!!