[Spread-users] Can ignore the error: unknown proc ?

Clotho wytsang at cse.cuhk.edu.hk
Thu Jun 24 04:57:52 EDT 2004

In my network design, server s1, client c1, and client c2 join a group
"abc"
s1 multicasts messages to all the machines in "abc"
spread.conf of s1 contains IPs of s1, c1, c2
spread.conf of c1 contains IPs of s1, c1
spread.conf of c2 contains IPs of s1, c2

But spread daemons of c1 or c2 will complaint the following:

In_my_component: unknown proc 192.168.22.3
Smallest_member: unknown proc_id -1062726141
Exit caused by Alarm(EXIT)
<<

To solve the problem, of course I can simply include all IPs in the
spread.conf files.
But can I ignore the err msg as I know that there's no communication
between
c1 and c2?
So that when if I want to a new client c3 joins "abc",  I only need to
modify
spread.conf of s1 and c3, instead of modifying that of all the machines