[Spread-users] Can ignore the error: unknown proc ?

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Thu Jun 24 06:41:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

The thing you need to do is to spend an hour reading the user guide.

All configuration files should be identical. Otherwise Spread gives
you no guarantees.

:) Yair.

On Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:57 AM
Clotho Clotho wytsang at cse.cuhk.edu.hk wrote:

Clotho> In my network design, server s1, client c1, and client c2 join a group
Clotho> "abc"
Clotho> s1 multicasts messages to all the machines in "abc"
Clotho> spread.conf of s1 contains IPs of s1, c1, c2
Clotho> spread.conf of c1 contains IPs of s1, c1
Clotho> spread.conf of c2 contains IPs of s1, c2

Clotho> But spread daemons of c1 or c2 will complaint the following:
Clotho>  >>
Clotho> In_my_component: unknown proc 192.168.22.3
Clotho> Smallest_member: unknown proc_id -1062726141
Clotho> Exit caused by Alarm(EXIT)
Clotho> <<

Clotho> To solve the problem, of course I can simply include all IPs in the
Clotho> spread.conf files.
Clotho> But can I ignore the err msg as I know that there's no communication
Clotho> between
Clotho> c1 and c2?
Clotho> So that when if I want to a new client c3 joins "abc",  I only need to
Clotho> modify
Clotho> spread.conf of s1 and c3, instead of modifying that of all the machines

Clotho> Spread-users mailing list
Clotho> Spread-users at lists.spread.org