[Spread-users] Spread Newbie: Video and audio possible with spread?

Chatter Box the_broadcaster at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 12:04:07 EST 2004

Hi all,

Having been recently introduced to spread, I am wondering if anyone can help
with the ff questions:

1). Is it possible to use spread to stream video and audio ?
  - If the answer to video streaming is yes, could someone please explain
how this can be done or point me to a URL for more info ? (an example will
be nicer still! ;o)  )

2). I reckon the 100k data payload size may be a problem?, what about just
"hacking" the #define in the approp. header file (I think I remember reading
somewhere that its not safe to do so).

I'n any case, I'd be very glad to hear from anyone who's manage dto stream
audio/data using spread (especially with regards to picture quality - if
using a broadband connection for instance)

Many thanks