[Spread-users] How to setup 2 segments in 1 daemon?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Mon Sep 15 00:21:06 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 10:43:00AM +0800, DaiLin(´÷ÁØ) wrote:
> I want to setup 2 segments in 1 daemon. One daemon use port 4803 and the other use 4813.

You can not do this. If you want to run two sets of daemons on different
ports you need to use two separate spread.conf files. If you just take
your current file and copy it to a new name like spread2.conf and then
have each file have only ONE of the segments you list below it should
work just fine. Just run the daemon twice, once as:

./spread

and once as

./spread -f spread2.conf

and then you should be able to connect to spread at both ports 4803 and
4813.

I'm assuming that you are trying to run on separate ports in order
to support different applications or something. Because if you run them
this way, messages sent to the daemon running on one port will NOT reach
the daemon running on the other port. They are completely separate.

Otherwise, if you reply to this email and let us know what you are
trying to accomplish by running daemons on two different ports, maybe we
could help you accomplish your goal another way.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science