[Spread-users] getting spread to run with C#

Daniel Rall dlr at finemaltcoding.com
Mon Oct 27 18:30:47 EST 2003

Hi Prashanth.  I'm not too familiar with C#, but in Java an error like this
might indicate the need to define some bytecode access control rules in a policy
file.  Specifically, the stack frame referencing
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine leads me to believe this.  A quick
Google search yields the following possibly relvant info:

"This happens because C# will not load an assembly on a network drive. Just move
your RSSReader.exe executable onto a local driveand try again."

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/03/06/csharpxml.html?page=3