[Spread-users] getting spread to run with C#

Prashanth Reddy pr84 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 23 18:07:18 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm a Spread newbie. I've the following problem:

I downloaded spread binary for windows and cspread (which has cspread.User
and cspread.Flooder and cspread). I ran the daemon and cspread.User.exe
but I got the error message:

/********START OF ERROR MESSAGE*****************/
There was an error connecting to the daemon.
spread.SpreadException: Socket(): System.Security.SecurityException:
Request for
 the permission of type System.Net.SocketPermission, System,
Version=1.0.5000.0,
 Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at spread.SpreadConnection.Connect(String address, Int32 port, String
user, B
oolean priority, Boolean groupMembership)
   at spread.SpreadConnection.Connect(String address, Int32 port, String
user, B
oolean priority, Boolean groupMembership)
   at User..ctor(String user, String address, Int32 port)

Unhandled Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
permissi
on of type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib,
Version=1.0
.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.
   at
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckTokenBasedSetHelper(Boolean
ignoreGrants, TokenBasedSet grants, TokenBasedSet denied, TokenBasedSet
demands)

   at
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet
gran
ts, PermissionSet denied, PermissionSet demands)
   at System.Environment.Exit(Int32 exitCode)
   at User..ctor(String user, String address, Int32 port)
   at User.Main(String[] args)

The state of the failed permission was:
<IPermission class="System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission,
mscorlib, Ve
rsion=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
             version="1"
             Flags="UnmanagedCode"/>
/*********END OF ERROR MESSAGE******************/

Can anybody help me?