[Spread-users] daemon crash on illegal private name

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Fri Oct 24 15:05:51 EDT 2003

Hi Jeremy,

The problem is the name you are giving to your Spread daemon is too
long.  Spread group names are fixed size strings (usually 32 bytes long).

I'm not sure why that particular name is having a problem, as it should
fit within the predefined limit.  The daemon should have a check on
itself when it starts that it can at least generate the user name
##spreadname.  We'll check and make sure that it does.

John