[Spread-users] Bug in SP_connect_timeout?

Jan Moringen jmoringe at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Dec 6 07:10:24 EST 2016

Hi,

I think I have found a small bug in SP_connect_timeout: after receiving
the length of the authentication method list, the following code is
executed to receive the list itself:

    ret = recv_nointr_timeout( s, auth_list, auth_list_len, 0, &time_out);

This works most of the time, but in my use-case, the authentication
method list was broken up into multiple frames, resulting in this call
receiving less than auth_list_len octets. Since ret is checked for
errors but not short reads, the connection attempt failed.

Kind regards,
Jan