[Spread-users] BUG in spread event processing

Arkady Lipovetsky arkady at peerapp.com
Sun Dec 4 04:14:19 EST 2016

Hi, guys I have encountered a BUG in spread user interface that is intended for asynchronous working (event system). The mechanism is implemented on "select" call, but this call has some limitation such as a max file descriptor that is 1024. The spread check this value and generate an error if file descriptor more than 1024. In my local version I has solved this issue by using epoll system call instead select. We are using a huge number for file descriptors, so if  number of used file descriptors is more than 1024 (it happens at spread reconnection time we get a Error). I checked all previous version and found that this BUG exist in all of tham.

Thanks

Arkady Lipovetsky software engineer

mobile: +972 (54) 6360-986

office: +972 (54) 6360-986