[Spread-users] Spread in Debian

Andrew Ruthven andrew.ruthven at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Jan 21 17:28:31 EST 2013

Hey,

Sadly it is highly unlikely that Spread will be in the next version of
Debian [0].  The previous maintainer of the Debian packages put it up
for adoption in 2008 [1] but so far no one has picked it up.

As I wanted to test out Spread 4.2 for an application I work on I've
updated the Debian packages to Spread 4.2, and the Perl bindings package
to the latest version from CPAN plus some local patches.

However, I'm not in a position where I can take over maintainership of
the Debian packages. In the hope that someone on this mailing list would
like to see Debian continue to have Spread packages and will take over
the maintainership I'll make my work available.

Spread: http://git.catalyst.net.nz/spread.git
Perl Bindings: http://git.catalyst.net.nz/libspread-perl.git

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
MIITP, ITCP

At work: andrew.ruthven at catalyst.net.nz
At home: andrew at etc.gen.nz
GPG fpr: 34CA 12A3 C6F8 B156 72C2  D0D7 D286 CE0C 0C62 B791
LCA2013: Come join the party... - lca2013.linux.org.au