[Spread-users] Fixes for java implementation

Johannes Wienke jwienke at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Aug 27 05:22:26 EDT 2013

Hi,

we have maintained some patches for the spread java implementation for
some time in our system and I would like to contribute them back.

After updating them to version 4.3 two issues have remained:

1. We have added a method to set the tcpnodelay option on the
SpreadConnection to speed up sending of small messages.

2. Since java 1.5 is out for some time now a second patch adds generics
to avoid compiler warnings.

The first patch is an absolute necessity in our system and we would be
glad if you could apply it. For the second patch you have to decide
whether compatibility with java 1.4 is still required or not.

Kind regards,
Johannes