[Spread-users] Communicating between 130 hosts with Spread

Jim Hague jim.hague at laicatc.com
Tue Aug 6 18:02:33 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 06 Aug 2013 09:55:34 ericbambach1 at discover.com wrote:
> We've been using spread 3.17 on AIX for years without issue. We have 1
> daemon on AIX 6.1 and a dozen or so clients on AIX 6.1. I'm not sure about
> the 4.x branch but AIX is notoriously difficult for us to compile things
> on because we have to use GCC over xlc.

Thanks. I am familiar with the gcc versus xlc issues on AIX, so it sounds like
it won't be too much of a problem to get compiled up and packaged. OK, famous
last words... :-)

> Our deployment is small, our needs are simple, and our version is old, but
> I can attest that its been quite stable and useful for us!

I think our potential deployment also qualifies as small and simple. Since
there's no official package for RHEL and we'll be building on AIX anyway, we'll
go for the latest source and trust it too will be stable and useful.
--
Jim Hague
jim.hague at laicatc.com              Never trust a computer you can't lift.

Disclaimer
This message contains confidential (and possible privileged) information and
is for the named addressee or its intended recipients and others may not,
disclose, distribute, copy or use it. If you have received this
communication in error please:
1. tell LAIC either by return e-mail or by telephoning us on
   +44 (0) 1342 321 873; and
2. delete the e-mail message and any copies.

Whilst we have taken steps to ensure that this message (and any attachments
or hyperlinks contained within it) are free from computer viruses and the
like, the recipient is responsible for ensuring that it is actually virus
free before opening it.