[Spread-users] Communicating between 130 hosts with Spread

ericbambach1 at discover.com ericbambach1 at discover.com
Tue Aug 6 10:55:34 EDT 2013

John Schultz <jschultz at spreadconcepts.com> wrote on 08/06/2013 09:03:18
AM:

> From: John Schultz <jschultz at spreadconcepts.com>
> To: Jim Hague <jim.hague at laicatc.com>
> Cc: <spread-users at lists.spread.org>
> Date: 08/06/2013 09:01 AM
> Subject: Re: [Spread-users] Communicating between 130 hosts with Spread
>
> > Out of curiosity, do you know of any AIX users?
>
> I personally do not know of any AIX users, but if any are on the
> list they might chime in?

We've been using spread 3.17 on AIX for years without issue. We have 1
daemon on AIX 6.1 and a dozen or so clients on AIX 6.1. I'm not sure about
the 4.x branch but AIX is notoriously difficult for us to compile things
on because we have to use GCC over xlc.

Our deployment is small, our needs are simple, and our version is old, but
I can attest that its been quite stable and useful for us!

Eric Bambach | Discover
Cons. Systems Analyst, Promotions/Balance Transfer
2500 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods IL 60015
P: 224.405.2896 ericbambach1 at discover.com