[Spread-users] sporadic latencies with SP_receive

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Fri Feb 3 20:21:27 EST 2012

Johannes,

In the new version of Spread we are currently developing we believe we've solved this issue.  Spread will now use both the old badger timeout semantics and also monitor client sockets for write-ability.  So, the issue you saw should no longer exist in the next version of Spread which is due out soon.

Cheers!

-----
John Lane Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC
Phn: 301 830 8100
Cell: 443 838 2200

On Jan 30, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Johannes Wienke wrote:

Hey,

Am 01/09/2012 10:04 PM, schrieb John Schultz:
> I've looked into this report (thanks for the demonstration app!) and
> have figured out both complaints.
>
> The first complaint is that a receiver can sometimes see latencies of
> up to 100ms from SP_receive even when lots of traffic has been sent
> to them.

[...]

Thanks, the proposed workaround already saved our lives once. Of course
we would be interested in a real solution for this. ;)

> The second complaint was that you got a stack corruption bug when you
> passed a privateGroup array of only MAX_PRIVATE_NAME characters.
> This is expected as the privateGroup array is expected to be
> MAX_GROUP_NAME characters long.

Ok, thanks.

Kind regards,
Johannes