[Spread-users] can i run two process that use spread on the same machine without them see each other?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at spreadconcepts.com
Mon Dec 17 09:00:51 EST 2012

If you just want to run two applications that you control over the same Spread network, the easiest way is to make sure they use different Spread groups for their communication. You can also have them use different private group prefixes, so the particular endpoint names will never overlap. That would effectively isolate them.

They would still share the performance of the ring and this is not a 'secure' isolation as if an application wanted to interfere with the other application then it could do so.

If you need stronger isolation, the best option is to run 2 Spread networks on different ports as you describe below.

Jonathan Stanton		jonathan at spreadconcepts.com
Spread Group Messaging	www.spread.org
Spread Concepts LLC 	www.spreadconcepts.com