[Spread-users] (no subject)

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at spreadconcepts.com
Sat Dec 8 15:25:46 EST 2012

Can you send some more details about your usage and the specific error?

For example, how many daemons do you run, how many clients to you expect to be connected to each one?

Are only specific clients getting disconnected, or are the disconnections distributed randomly amoung the clients? What is the specific Spread library error when they are disconnected?

I would also turn on session logging (in spread.conf add to the DebugFlags the "SESSION" flag). Note that this will add a log record or so for every connection/disconnection. So if you have a busy system with lots of clients, make sure you have log space for the logs (maybe just turn it on for one daemon to collect some data).

The daemon SESSION logs should tell you exactly why a client was disconnected.

The Spread daemon has been tested with thousands (maybe 10's of thousands) of simultaneous connections, but I think that might require switching the internal IO event implementation from one that uses 'select()' (as that only typically allows 1000 simultaneous sockets). If you are sure this is the case you are hitting (number of simultaneous connections) let us know and I'll check what the current way to increase that in the 4.2 release is.

Jonathan Stanton		jonathan at spreadconcepts.com
Spread Group Messaging	www.spread.org
Spread Concepts LLC 	www.spreadconcepts.com