[Spread-users] groups and daemons

Parisa jalilimp at usi.ch
Tue Nov 22 15:39:19 EST 2011

Hi ,

I was testing the spread with the following setting:

one segment with 4 daemons. which are deployed on 4 different machines.
then each daemon has two flooders connected to it. one is a writer and
the other is a reader. these flooders are also on different machines.

Then I have 4 groups. each pair of the flooders connected to that same
daemon, form a group. Each writer only sends to its own group.

and I am testing with SAFE_MESS type.

The behavior I am observing looks a little strange to me. I am
monitoring the cpu and bandwidth usage at the daemons during the
execution. After a certain load which is close to 50 Mbps for each
writer (which in aggregate we can say 200 Mbps) throughput does not
increase any further. Though neither cpu nor the bandwidth at daemons
and flooders is not saturated.

Do you think I am doing sth wrong? Any suggestions why this should be
the case?
Thanks.

Parisa