[Spread-users] How to detect if a Spread node fails

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Wed Jul 13 12:20:35 EDT 2011

Have at least one process per daemon join the groups in which you are interested in tracking.  Track the membership of the group.  If you see a caused by network where all the *#able members leave, then its a good bet that daemon has either crashed or partitioned away.

If that's not good enough then you might be able to administratively, through code changes, get a report of the actual daemon membership which can tell you if able is in the daemon membership or not.

Cheers!

-----
John Lane Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC