[Spread-users] How to detect if a Spread node fails

Andrew Holt andrew.holt at 4asolutions.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 11:27:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have two machines each running the spread server, and each setup so they know about each other.  Let’s call them able & baker.

I have a number of clients programs, in the same group on each

So:

#fred#able
#joe#able
#bill#baker
#who#baker

If spread dies, is killed or a machine dies how can I detect that the node has gone ‘offline’ ?

baker receives a message of the type Is_caused_network_mess for each group.  What I need is to know the source is 'able’

Any hints ?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Holt