[Spread-users] Quick question about how Spread uses broadcast

Alec H. Peterson alec.peterson at messagesystems.com
Wed Oct 6 10:01:10 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a quick question about how Spread handles multi-segment communications.  Say I have two segments, each configured with a broadcast segment address.  If I send a message to a group to which all members of all segments subscribe, how does the traffic get from one segment to another?  The real question I'm looking to answer is do I need to support directed broadcast between the segments, or are broadcasts only originated within a given segment?

Alec

ALEC H PETERSON | Vice President, Technical Services
Office	+1 443 656 3322
Email	alec.peterson at messagesystems.com
Web		http://www.messagesystems.com