[Spread-users] REJECT_QUOTA exception

Will Pierce willp at nuclei.com
Fri Aug 20 14:10:30 EDT 2010

I dug into the source a bit...

Looks like daemon/session.c is the only place where REJECT_QUOTA appears and
is returned from the daemon only when there are as many connections already
established as MAX_SESSIONS, which is defined in spread_params.h as  (
(MAX_FD_EVENTS-5) / 2), and since MAX_FD_EVENTS is also #defined as 2000,
that makes MAX_SESSIONS equal to 997.  This is interesting, I hadn’t
realized that there was such a limit.  I believe this is a per-daemon limit,
not a global spread network limit, and I’d also suspect you can easily raise
the #define value for MAX_FD_EVENTS from 2000 to 16384 if you actually need
more than 997 sessions on a single spread daemon.  (Just a guess, not
tested.)

If you enable the ‘SESSION’ DebugFlags option in your spread.conf file, you
may get some information about what sessions are coming into your daemon…

Also, you might want to check the output of:  netstat -netap | grep :4803
  on your spread daemon host to see how many TCP client connections are
active to your spread daemon.  My first guess would be that you’re
accidentally bringing up many more sessions than expected.  But without more
information, it’s hard to tell.

- Will