[Spread-users] Spread error: -8 after receiving ~2300 messages; Resource temporarily unavailable

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at spread.org
Mon Apr 5 12:06:34 EDT 2010

>From the error messages you provided it looks like both the client and the
daemon each think the other side closed the TCP connection between them (the
-8 on the client is a closed connection, and the Sess_read with ret = 0 means
the 'other end' closed the connection cleanly) So the question is who
experienced an error first that actually caused the connection to close.

If you send more lines from the end of the daemon log that might show an
earlier error.

Also, since it might be a networking issue could you tell us the setup? For
example, are the spread daemon, sender and receiver running on different
machines? Which Operating Systems are being used? Does this always happen at
2300 messages, if so then make sure you are receiving fast enough that the
sender is not getting too far ahead of the receiver, depending on the sensor
rate this could be faster then your disk write rate of the recevier program.

Jonathan Stanton         jonathan at spread.org
Spread Group Messaging   www.spread.org
Spread Concepts LLC      www.spreadconcepts.com