[Spread-users] Spread error: -8 after receiving ~2300 messages; Resource temporarily unavailable

Michael Sands m.sands.vader at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 21:05:19 EDT 2010

All,

I have an application that consists of a sensor that is continually sending
data using Spread and a receiver for this data that reads the messages and
logs them. On the receiver end after receiving ~2300 messages SP_Receive
fails with error -8. Looking in the log file the error I'm getting is:

Sess_read: failed receiving header on session 9: ret 0: error: Resource
temporarily unavailable

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this. I've already checked to
make sure I'm deleting any dynamically allocated memory and the buffer that
the message gets read in to is declared once as a variable char
message[MESSAGE_SIZE] rather than dynamically.

Thanks.

-Mike