[Spread-users] spread abort after Deliver_packet: sequence error

M S martin4321234 at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 12:52:22 EDT 2009

This crash does not occur often, but now (2 1/2 years later) spread
crashed again with a Deliver_packet: sequence error.

We have been monitoring the udpNoPort counter which is normally
constant. But about one hour before the spread crash the udpNoPort
counter was increasing. Currently we cannot say, if the grow of
udpNoPort is the reason for spread getting into problems or if spread
problems are the reason for the grow of udpNoPort.

Any hint is appreciated to understand what the cause for that abnormal
termination of spread daemons could b e.

At our site there are 8 hosts with one spread daemon. Each host is
configured in a separate spread segment.

The Deliver_packet: sequence error with spread crash occurred at the
same time at 6 of 8 hosts.

spread-Version: 3.17.4 with perl,
Platform: Solaris 2.10

2009-05-11 15:19:22 GMT Memb_handle_message: handling join message
from -1726890585, State is 4
2009-05-11 15:19:23 GMT Memb_handle_token: handling form2 token
2009-05-11 15:19:23 GMT Handle_form2 in FORM
2009-05-11 15:19:23 GMT Deliver_packet: sequence error: sec is 6, should be 1
Exit caused by Alarm(EXIT)

Kind regards,
Martin