[Spread-users] broken link to programmers reference

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Mon Mar 2 08:32:22 EST 2009

> Only got 1 problem to work out how to solve: given that the config
> file says "there are the machines we know about and these are the
> segments they're on", how do I get access to the current "view" of the
> network?

> I can see from my membership list which machines are active, but is
> there any way (short of writing code to re-parse the config file) to
> see what segments there should be and which machines are in which
> segment?

Currently, there isn't an API to access that information.  If you
really did need to parse the config file, a lot of that code already
exists in Spread based on a (f)lex/yacc parser.  So, hopefully you
could leverage that code to a large extent somehow rather than
starting over from scratch.

Cheers!
John

---