[Spread-users] Real World experience with large spread networks?

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Jun 16 13:36:24 EDT 2009

Remember that each daemon can support hundreds of clients.  So one
question to answer is whether or not you really need a Spread daemon
on every one of your machines or whether you can design your system
to have clients on lots of machines and daemons on a (much) smaller
subset of machines?

The ring protocol, as it is, has inherent scalability limitations,
which is why there are hard limits, etc.

On the spread.conf file distribution question, using NFS and rsync
are common solutions.  Another alternative would be to distribute it
through Spread itself (although this won't help with the machines you
will be adding).

Cheers!
John

---