[Spread-users] Real World experience with large spread networks?

Rachel Willmer rwillmer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:18:05 EDT 2009

I'm working on a project which will be setting up a spread network
across a large number of nodes: perhaps 50 to start with and then
increasing up into the hundreds...

Reading the Spread User Guide (Section 2.4.4), I've found 2 interesting facts:

a) There's a hard limit of 128 machines in a configuration

b) The protocol hasn't been tested with more than 50-60 daemons.

Does anyone have any real world experience they'd be willing to share
about running spread over a large number of machines? Are these limits
still current?

Also, given that each machine must have the same spread.conf file (if
I understand it correctly), then how do people solve the configuration
distribution problem when they add a new machine to the network?

Rachel