[Spread-users] Spread with VMware : Multiple Segment

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Sat Aug 29 11:26:09 EDT 2009

Spread daemons will not communicate unless they have the same
effective configuration.  It is not clear from your email if all the
daemons have the exact same configuration or not, or if you are
intentionally trying to run different systems in parallel and bridge
between them externally.

The same effective configuration means that in their configuration
files they have the same segments, listed in the same order, where
each segment has the same machines listed in the same order.  In
effect, they have to have the same configuration in order to
communicate.  The configuration file doesn't have to be exactly the
same.  For example, different daemons can have different reporting
flags enabled, different logging parameters, different comments, etc.,
but in order to communicate they need the same communication
configuration.

Cheers!

-----
John Lane Schultz