[Spread-users] spread daemon hangs after running for a few days

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Mar 11 11:46:13 EDT 2008

Actually, it looks like your network is badly broken as out of 10,000
packets 8001 were lost, if I'm interpreting your report correctly.  If
that loss rate is correct and persistant, then I'm surprised that Spread
(or any similar communication tool) functions well at all for you.

You should look at your spmonitor output while the system is live and see
how many / what kind of retrans you are getting.  If your network is good,
then the retrans numbers should go up very slowly, if at all.  If they are
incrementing by 10s or 100s per second in an active system, then there is
a serious problem in your network.

Cheers!

---
John Schultz