[Spread-users] Re: SP_connect() and -6 REJECT_NOT_UNIQUE with remote daemons

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 16:16:46 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 03:03:37PM -0500, Matt Garman wrote:
> Our assumption is that when the connection goes down, the daemon
> doesn't properly register the disonnect.  So it keeps all of the
> user names as active.  Then when the connection comes back, and
> the processes try to reconnect, the daemon rejects because it
> thinks the names are already used.

One other thing to note: we have reduced the timeout values in
daemon/membership.c as suggested in the Spread User's Guide (section
2.4 "Tuning Spread for Performance or Unique Situations").

Anyway, does one of these parameters determine how long it takes
before the daemon considers a client dead or disconnected?

Thanks again!
Matt