[Spread-users] Delivery confirmation

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Jun 3 15:11:30 EDT 2008

Ultimately, the only way you can be 100% sure your message was received
and processed by the far end is for an application level ACK
indicating exactly that.

You can get a good way toward that by having your applications join
the same groups and then monitoring the membership changes.  So long
as Spread reports your "buddy" as in the group, then there is a high
likelihood that he is getting and processing your messages.  Of
course, this is still not 100% sure, but it might be good enough for
your needs.

Cheers!
John

---